Through guided discussion and hands-on assignments, students will explore various systems in a manufacturing environment. Upon successful completion of this course students should have the knowledge to:
- Implement quality control systems and practices to ensure quality products and services.
- Understand what a mechatronic system is, and the inter-relationships of components and modules with a system
- Understand the role of electrical components in complex mechatronic system and subsystems.
- Explain the role of various mechanical components within a given system or module.
- Describe the role of (electro) pneumatic and hydraulic systems in a complex mechatronic system and its subsystems.
- Identify components of a computer network.
- Apply safety practices in the environment where science, technology, engineering, and/or mathematical principles are appropriate to ensure a safe workplace.
- Explain the role of programmable logic controllers in complex mechatronic systems, modules and subsystems.
- Demonstrate the ability to use a computer aided design software to create simple shapes.
- Design a robot program for a flexible manufacturing