In this class you will learn the basic principles of creative design. You will also be learning on industry grade tools such as Adobe illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe InDesign. Along with being taught the concepts of design and learning how to use the tools. You will also have the ability to work with clients and gain the experience of what it is like to design and market your ideas to a large audience.
Held at Finlandia University, Jutila Center
Through guided discussion and hands-on assignments, students will explore various graphic design and marketing aspects. Upon successful completion of this course students should have the knowledge to:
- Understand the fundamentals of graphic design.
- Have a strong command of the industry tools, Adobe 2020 suite
- Understand how to create logos.
- Understand how to brand a business and/or products.
- Be able to use social media to market new ideas.
- Understand risk management in regards to marketing.
- Demonstrate the ability to design and implement strategies to communicate creative visual information.
- Understand advanced printing and finishing operations in regards to print media.