Public Act 25 of 1990 is a state law which requires local school districts to compile annual reports. Additional requirements relative to the annual report came about as a result of the state’s new accreditation system, EducationYES!, and the federal No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB). These reports must be made widely available to the public in printed form, and may also be available via the Internet.
School district annual reports are required to include a variety of information, such as progress in meeting accreditation requirements, status of the school improvement plan, achievement of students on state and national tests, retention statistics, parent/guardian participation in parent teacher conferences, curriculum details, etc.
For additional information concerning school district annual reports, please click the following links:
- Excerpt from The Revised School Code (PDF)
- Checklist guidance memo from the Michigan Department of Education (PDF)
- Annual Report Checklist, which was prepared and distributed by the Copper Country ISD (PDF)
- CCISD-Copper Country Learning Center Annual Education Report (AER)
- CCISD-Copper Country Learning Center Annual Education Report (AER) for 2021-2022 — Letter to Parents and the Community(PDF)